Current Job Openings:
Social Worker provides case management in a Foster Family setting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide case management to foster parent(s), foster children, and legal family members in accordance with service description and contract requirements with ODJFS and Advantage.
• Manages a caseload of Foster Care placements.
• As part of the treatment team, collaborate with many other professionals (Schools Administrators, Funding Sources, Therapists)
• Gather, organize, accurately document and maintain both electronic and paper records containing all casework activities for each child and parent within mandated time frames.
• Provides foster family support and in home visitation services to assess child safety, provide support, and discuss progress towards permanency; additional contacts to be conducted as needed.
• Attends case planning conferences at required intervals.
• Attend permanency plan reviews and court hearings, as needed.
• Work in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team to provide the stated treatment needs.
• Prepare for and attend court hearings when necessary
• Coordinates staff from external public and private agencies, on the delivery of services to children and families.
• Maintains a close working relationship with public and private agencies involved in providing foster care services/support.
• Participate in weekly supervisory meetings with program supervisor
• Coordinates with the Agency’s licensing and human resources staff to ensure regulatory compliance by care providers.
• Complete foster home investigations when needed under the supervision of AFCOC leadership
• Advocates, promotes and practices cultural sensitivity and responsiveness in all day-to-day interactions.
• Develops, promotes and practices teamwork in all activities.
• Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree and LSW required.
• Ability to train, motivate, mentor, lead, guide, direct, build rapport, and problem solve.
• Possess effective communication skills both orally and written.
• Knowledge of Child Welfare System, work collaboratively with County Agencies and other service providers.
• Understanding of child development, behavior & discipline, interdisciplinary effects of foster youth and their caregivers.
• Possess a general knowledge of trauma and implications of trauma.
• Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License with no restrictions.
• Pass Federal/State Criminal Records Clearance.
• Adhere to and enforce AFOFC policy and procedures, regulations and other laws applicable to private foster care agency.
Looking for a transporter to take foster children to and from appointments. Visits with family, doctors, counseling, etc. Mostly late afternoon/ early evening hours needed. Very few weekends, if any.
Use of company cars.
Must pass a background check, clean driving record and clean drug screen.
Send all inquiries to Shannon Santagata firstname.lastname@example.org for transportation.